Monday, November 06, 2006

Bomb Threat at Farragut

It was a distinctly cold morning but we weren't allowed to get into school. The girls near my car told me that there was a bomb threat... Everyone waited at parking lot and talked about how stupid the bomber would be. Indeed, we had no choice but to skip morning classes. Tim suggested going to Chick-fil-A. Of course, I joined with his fellow.(later on, including Nick) Actually, we were not the only people gotten out of school to go to chick-fil-A. I saw other several people there. My classmates from my morning class were using their "great team work" to do AP chemistry homework (some of them just copied others' answers). About at 8 o'clock, we heard that the bomb threat is over... However, Nick and I left at Walmart and enjoyed skipping first classes.


[To stop the music click the background and push ESC]


Since my econ class only had 9 people, we had to watch a video called, "A Secret of Richness." Later, we've got a quiz about the video. As I expected, I only could get 50% of problems right while everyone got 100% correct.

Coach Driver: "Aspen, did you EVER try to pay attention?"
me: "Yes.. but I am really bad at listening."
Coach Driver: "Then you better need to sit infront of the rows."

I just meant that I was bad at listening something in English. I still can't catch 100.0% details on TV shows. So, I mess up quizzes which is about the videos that is shown during class. Well... indeed, I totally failed to explain fully about it since I wasn't willing to be looked pitiful. ( I didn't want to talk about how bad my English is.. )
NOW I AM A DISHONORABLE STUDENT

(This case is opposite of the case that I have in AP Statistics class. I know one Korean girl as well as her older sister who is in college now. Basically, we talk in Korean. And, Mrs. Wolfe, a new Stats teacher, thinks that my English is so bad even not enough to understand some problems on tests... I am not that illiterate....)

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They now say that it was a teenaged girl who called in the bomb. The irony of the presents of only two police cars became clear only apon further insight. The police will not check the school for bombs, the principles have to do that. How the'd ever find one I don't know.
Anther point of contention, Even after skipping frist block and coming in late the six police men stationed at the bottem of the Junior lot did not stop us. However without fail, the stopped me for leaving after thrid block. Who know's why they care more about people skipping classes in the afternoon than random poeple coming on to campus after a bomb threat.
At any rate, the students and safe will pay for the eroninious actions of one on the marrow.
I enjoyed the moring out though, for it is rare to get to visit with freinds anymore. :-)
P.S coach Driver is such a Master Asshole that even my interview at MIT knew who he was and said he would not consider my grades in that class regradless of what they maybe from such ornary teacher.
Next time tell him to speak Korean, (The US has no national langauge, so you'd be as right as he is to tell you to speak english)

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing is, your grammar is actually as good or better than Coach Driver's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter
Dell Inspiron Laptops